Thousands of youth ages 6 to 18 depend on the Boys & Girls Clubs of Sarasota County to provide them with enriching educational, developmental and recreational programs each year. While our programs are designed to help each Club member excel in school, become leaders, practice healthy habits and plan for success after high school graduation, it is truly the commitment of our remarkable staff members that ensures the youth we serve are on track to achieve their full potential. Congratulations to the following staff members for being recognized as Staff of the Month:
- Rachel Alexander is a counselor at the Gene Matthews Boys & Girls Club and is always planning a new, educational activity for Club members. Recently, Rachel coordinated a field trip for the Torch Club members to learn all about 3D printing. She has also inspired the Club members to keep the Club clean both inside and outside, and leads Club clean-up days.
- Barbara Benson works at the Newtown Estates Park Boys & Girls Club, and can truly do it all. Whether she is working in the kitchen, filling in as a counselor or being a backpack attendant, Barbara is a staff member who we can depend on to do an exceptional job. She cares about our Club members so much, and approaches all of her tasks with warmth, dedication and a positive mindset.
- Kat Carver has been the Art Instructor at the Lee Wetherington Boys & Girls Club for 7 years. Kat is a proud graduate of Ringling College of Art & Design, and her passion for the arts shines through each of her daily lesson plans. While she encourages our Club members to creatively express themselves through a variety of techniques, Kat also introduces them to master artists and pieces. Kat also plays an instrumental role in helping many Club members submit their work to local, regional and national competitions each year.
- Kate Cranos is a counselor at the Robert and Joan Lee Boys & Girls Club and has been a wonderful asset to the team. Kate exemplifies what it means to be a leader and role model for the Club members with her patience and kindness. Her coworkers can always depend on her to be punctual and ready to lend a hand.
- Jakobie Green is a counselor at the Roy McBean Boys & Girls Club, and no task is too small or too great for him to accomplish. Club members can always depend on Jakobie to brighten their day with his vibrant personality. Whether Club members need help with homework or simply someone to talk to, Jakobie is always there for them.
- Zomyra Lebron is a counselor at the Arcadia Boys & Girls Club whose enthusiasm inspires Club members to be the best they can be. Zomyra is always coming up with new and exciting activities for the Club members each week. She is not afraid to ask questions, and help Club members find solutions to challenges. She is a team player, and the Club members know that they can go to her for anything.
- Tanya Orr is the organization’s Community Engagement Manager who works tirelessly to connect individuals, community leaders and businesses to our mission through special events, meaningful partnerships and corporate sponsorships. Tanya has been with the agency for two years, and has led the elevation of our signature fundraising events, including Champions for Children and Steak & Burger. She has also grown both our local and national partnerships through service opportunities, including our Annual Boat Regatta with Intertape Polymer Group.